These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Healthy Breakfast Frittata
From Stones River Market
<p>Enjoy this tasty frittata recipe any time of the day. Serve with a large salad for a complete dinner meal.</p>Source: the world's healthies foods (http://www.whfoods.com) (Entered by John Erdmann)
Serves: Serves 2
Step by Step Instructions
- Mince onion and chop garlic let them sit for 5 minutes
- Preheat broiler on low.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a 9-10 inch stainless steel skillet. Sauté onion over medium heat, for about 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic, ground turkey, and cook for another 3 minutes on medium heat, breaking up clumps.
- Add kale and 2 TBS broth. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook covered for about 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and mix.
- Beat eggs, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and pour on top of mixture evenly. Cook on low for another 2 minutes without stirring.
- Place skillet under broiler in middle of oven, about 7 inches from the heat source so it has time to cook without the top burning. As soon as the eggs are firm, it is done, about 2-3 minutes.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings