These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Stones River Market
<p>This is an easy way to serve zucchini, using available ingredients. and not requiring much time.</p>Source: online--AllReco[es (Entered by Kathleen Ferris)
Serves: Makes about a dozen fritters, enough for 4 to six people
3 lbs grated zucchini
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
6 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
2 small cloves garlic, pressed
pinch black pepper
Three Tbsp olive oil
Step by Step Instructions
- In a large bowl, mix together beaten eggs, pressed garlic, black pepper, and grated parmesan.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- In a large colendar, mix together zucchini and salt.Allow to sit 5-10 minutes until water begins to drain out.
- Add flour mixture to eggs. Mix together well.
- Squeeze zucchini as dry as possible and add to large bowl. Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Heat olive oil to medium high in large skillet.
- When oil begins to shimmer, drop heaping tablespoons of batter to fry, leaving enough room between fritters.Cook about 2 minutes, until golden brown, then flip over. Remove to a plate in a warm oven until remaining batter is cooked. Serve hot. Sliced tomatoes and fried okra make nice accompaniments.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings