These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Broiled New York Strip
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>My family loves New York Strip from Hunter Cattle. The strips are always tender and juicy with or without added spices. The meat is done in minutes for a quick meal idea after a long day at work.</p>Source: Andy Morgason (Entered by Market Manager)
Serves: 4 4oz servings
Step by Step Instructions
- Turn broiler on high.
- Place steaks on a broiler pan or cookie sheet with sides.
- You can salt and pepper or add other seasonings if you would like. Sometimes we do, but it is just as good when you don't.
- Broil steaks on one side 4-6 inches from the heat for 6 mins.
- Use tongs, not a fork(because it lets out all the delicious juices) to flip the steak and cook for 4 - 6 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with some of your favorite side dishes and vegetables from Statesboro Market2Go.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings